They say knowledge is power, and for parents, that’s true. We know where the cookies are hidden. We know how to operate the vehicle that will get the rug-rats to the park. We know about child development, manipulation, and the very best tickle spots.
But sometimes, knowledge is dangerous because, with it comes responsibility. On a regular basis parents encounter questions that we don’t actually want the answers to, such as the following (you may have your own list):
- How did this get wet?
- What is this and how did it get here?
- How long has this been here?
- What is that smell?
- Where is the sippy cup that’s been missing for 3 days?
- Did that sippy cup have milk in it?
- What is that noise?
- How much is that going to cost me?
- How many hours of sleep did my childless friends get last night?
(Ok, seriously, what is that smell and where is it coming from?)